MRI of the brain is one of the modern non-contact methods of brain research, which uses a magnetic field and radio waves that transmit a signal to a computer and allow you to assess the state of the brain. It is important to know that MRI of the brain is used to examine both soft tissues and blood vessels for damage or injury, such as a stroke.
When is an MRI scan done?
An MRI of the brain can be used to confirm or detect a variety of diseases. During an MRI examination, the doctor can see a detailed image of your brain and assess its condition.
Sometimes, MRI diagnosis may be required to confirm or refute the diagnosis.
– Acute or constant headaches.
– there is a periodic or constant noise in the ears;
– There is weakness and numbness at the extremities.
– There is a decline in memory.
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– there was a craniocerebral trauma;
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI (MRI) of the brain
In order to see the brain more clearly, a contrast is used, which is introduced into the human body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to use
MRI of the brain is the safest procedure, but some people do not do it: if they have a pacemaker, a hemostatic clip in the brain or metal implants.
Also, it is worth quitting MRIs when:
– the presence of cochlear implants;
– decompensated heart failure;
– The presence of tattoos that are made from metal;
– installed crowns or braces.
How is the MRI examination
The preparation is the first step in the examination. It is important to take out all metal objects from the phone and then remove it.
After the patient is placed on the table, and a device is fixed on the head, which will send and receive radio waves. MRI is performed for 30-60 minutes, depending on the department and the presence of contrast in the body.
The doctor takes many layers-by-layer photographs of the brain and then makes a decision.
For details about MRI of the brain explore our new internet page: check