MRI of the brain is one of the modern non-contact methods of brain research, which uses a magnetic field and radio waves that transmit a signal to a computer and allow you to assess the state of the brain. It is important that MRI of brain can be used to assess the health and condition of both soft tissues as well as blood vessels.
When is an MRI scan done?
An MRI of the brain can be used to confirm or detect a variety of diseases. During an MRI examination, the doctor can see a detailed image of your brain and assess its condition.
In some cases, MRI diagnosis is needed to confirm the diagnosis or to refute it.
– disturbed by constant or acute headaches;
– There is a constant or periodic noise in the ears
– there is weakness and numbness in the extremities;
– There is a decline in memory.
– fainting occurs periodically;
– The person is confused;
– there was a craniocerebral trauma;
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI of the brain
In order to see the brain more clearly, a contrast is used, which is introduced into the human body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to use
MRI of the brain is the safest procedure, but some people do not do it: if they have a pacemaker, a hemostatic clip in the brain or metal implants.
It is also worth giving up MRI when:
– the presence of cochlear implants;
– decompensated heart failure;
– the presence of tattoos created on a metal basis;
– installed crowns or braces.
What is an MRI exam?
The examination begins with the preparation: it is necessary to remove all metal objects and remove the phone.
After the patient has been placed on the table, a device that sends and receives radio waves is attached to the head. MRI is performed for 30-60 minutes, depending on the department and the presence of contrast in the body.
The doctor receives many layer-by-layer images of the brain, on the basis of which he makes a conclusion and confirms or denies the diagnosis.
More information about MRI of the brain have a look at this useful net page: click for info